26-28 July 2019
€30 per participant / €25 for early bird registration (before 1 April)
The accommodation (bed in a shared room) for two nights and the costs for using the facilities are included in the participation fee.
Every participant should arrange their own transport and transfers but in case you have problems getting there we’ll put you in touch with other jammers departing from your city. Just please note those details in the registration form.
Every participant should arrange their own food but the main idea behind the event is that all the jammers have fun and eat together, so we will make special communications regarding the food with the participants in the weeks before the event. Make sure you let us know if you have any specific nutritional requirements.
The team members would be chosen on a random principle. Each team will be formed by three participants, each one of the following categories – Developer, Artist, Game Designer. Note that all the attendees are considered participants – every visitor has to be part of the Hardcore Game Jam.
The HCGJ theme is formed by 3 words randomly drawn every 8 hours, and those words would have to be involved in the game in a way (either separately or associatively). There will be diversifiers announced (after discussion among participants), at least 3 of them should be present in each game.
- The game jammers have 36 hours to make their game
- The jam starts on Day 1 at 14:00 (while everyone is on their way to the location) – the participants are assigned to the actual teams.
- At 16:00 the first word of the theme will be drawn.
- Everyone is expected to arrive at the jam location around 16:00-19:00 on Day 1 and this is when the teams start working.
- At 00:00 on Day 2 the second word will be drawn.
- At 08:00 on Day 2 the final, third word will be drawn.
- The deadline for game submissions is 10:00 on Day 3. The time frame between 10:00 and 14:00 on Day 3 is planned for networking and each participant will have the opportunity to play the other teams’ games.
- By rule there is a group walk for all participants in nature for about 2 hours on Day 2. We would be very happy if we all consume food and drinks together all the time.
- Considering the location one should not rely too much on the internet availability.
The focus of the jam will be on creativity, exploration and improvisation, as well as experimentation in a very friendly atmosphere. There will be no game awards or contest, only voting for the individual roles.
Call to action:
- Register and book your place for the event before March 31st, 2019 to get a discount on the participation fee. (Here…) Places are limited – make sure you book your place in advance.
- Do not forget to pay your ticket at paypal.me/hardcoregamejam
(Note: your registration is not valid without the received payment).
- Join our Discord channel…
- Count the days and prepare for an epic Game Jam!